Physics of the Environment
The microclimate represents the component of the physical environment including temperatures, humidity, speed of air draughts and intensity of caloric radiations that characterizes the air condition within a confined work place or in the neighborhood of some technical systems placed in such space.
Microclimate effects at the work place:
a) They influence workers' safety, health and work capacity whenever the parameters are outside the comfort limits of regulation in use.
b) They include: air temperature and humidity, speed of air draughts, surface temperature and caloric radiations emitted in the work zone.
Work methods: standard
Work techniques: real time analysis with electrochemical sensors
Measuring methods: real time determination of microclimate parameter concentrations: temperature, humidity, sped of air draughts, intensity of caloric radiations
Interpretation of outcomes: as for observing the recommended limits of the standards in use.
- Develop applicative studies and researches to prevent and control the risks of accident and occupational diseases specific to microclimate parameters in the work environment;
- Assess microclimate at the work place;
- Elaborate preventive and protection measures for the identified risk factors;
- Elaborate technical and organizational solutions to improve work places as for microclimate at the work place;
- Carry out technological transfer to companies that apply research findings related to microclimate at the work place;
- Provide consultancy and assistance to companies.